Re: Scaling of graphics in XML documents upon import to FrameMaker

sverre.ola.medalen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The graphics comes with the attributes "contentwidth" and "contentdepth"
set to a pixel value. As the size of the graphics varies from a width in
the area of 220px and up to 1276px the above scaling rule is not good
enough. The maximum width of a graphic must be 16cm to fit into our
document template.
With the variation in width of the graphics, the rule must scale the
graphics with a width > 16cm down to exactly 16cm width, and the
graphics with a width < 16cm to a width suitable for good readability.

This would be straightforward to do as a preprocessing script in Perl or XSLT (or, presumably, most other script languages). I don't *think* you can do math in read-write rules.

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters

Information design: we help explain things using
language | design | systems | process improvement