Anomalous Behavior of Conditional Text

In structured docs, FM 6.0, I need to apply change bars and several different colors to selected text by applying different conditional text definitions, each of which specifes both a change bar and a particular color. In other words, the different colors relate to different types of changes. That approach works just fine.

But when I subsequently delete one of those conditional text settings and specify that the text wrapped in that deleted conditional text setting be restored to unconditional status, the change bars remain, even though the EDD format rules do not specify change bars for that content, and the element paragraph format specifies that change bars are turned off. Re-importing the element definitions into the document with remove format overrides checked, also fails to get rid of the change bars, even though they constitute a format override to the specified paragraph format and EDD format rules.

Of course, I could choose Format > Document > Change bars and specify Remove All Change bars. But that would get rid of all change bars in the document, and that's not what I want to do. In other words, I want to preserve the change bars in text to which conditional text settings specifying change bars have not been deleted. Using special elements to wrap the text which needs change bars/colors is not an option because those elements do not exist in the EDD/DTD being used, and their addition to the EDD would violate the DTD.

I regard this as a bug in FM 6.0. Does this bug also exist in Frame 7?

FrameMaker/FrameMaker+SGML Document Design & Database Publishing DW Emory <danemory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>