From: Combs, Richard [mailto:richard.combs@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 2:19 PM
To: Brady Ward; framers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Index entries won't group up!

Brady Ward wrote:

> I have auto generated an index of entries in a multi-page
> table that all
> use the same paragraph format. But the entries just show up all
> separately. Eg.
> Blahblah	2
> Blahblah	2
> Blahblah	2
> Blahblah	2
> Blahblah	3
> Blahblah	3
> Blahblah	3
> Yakyak	2
> Yakyak	5
> Yakyak	5
>
> Any idea why they won't group up like:
> Blablah	2,3
> Yakyak	2,5
> ?

Becky Swanson's suggestion to look for marker text differences is a good
one. Here's another possibility (may be a dumb question, but it doesn't
hurt to ask): Are you sure you've generated an *Index*? The example you
show looks like it could be a List of Markers (LOM) or an Alphabetical
List of Markers (ALM) for your Index markers.

An ALM or LOM lists each instance of the marker type individually, even
if multiple markers contain exactly the same marker text.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs