RE: Word to Frame and index ranges

Great! Thanks for the workaround! THis is exactly what I needed.

Dottie

At 01:57 PM 8/10/2004 -0600, Cathy Gilmore wrote:
Here's a solution my client required:
Rather than using bookmarks, the writer (in Word) must use use this coding
in indes entries (if "page range" is the text being indexed):

{ XE "page ranges<$startrange>" }
{ XE "page ranges<$endrange>" }

and for Index entries that are Cross References:
{ XE "cross-references. <charcntd>See<Default Para Font>
cross-references<$nopage> }

We used this solution where authors were using Word, but Frame was used for
the final output. Your index wont look correct in Word, but it will import
correctly into Frame.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Dottie
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 12:58 PM
To: framers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Word to Frame and index ranges

I know this isn't a new problem because I've seen some posts around but no solution or comments.

I'm converting a Word 2000 document into Frame (6 and/or 7--happens in
both) and the single index markers import fine. Those with ranges don't.

The Word bookmark is importing as a Cross-reference. Any solutions for
this? Workarounds? Anything?

I could swear this worked at one time but I honestly don't remember Word
using "bookmarks" to enter page ranges.

Dottie M.