FE_Transport error

I am having some difficulty with an API client, I keep getting an
FE_Transport error and when I look it up in the FDK documentation it
indicates that it means:

"Communication between the FrameMaker product and the API application is
not working correctly."

Unfortunately that is not entirely helpful as I don't know what is wrong
and how to fix it. It only seems to be happening to a certain book (but
at least consistently!). The command that I am calling that returns this
error is:

docId = F_ApiCustomDoc(F_MetricFractMul(in,17,2), 11*in, 1,
F_MetricFractMul(in,1,4), in, in, in, in, FF_Custom_SingleSided, True)

Has anyone experienced this error before and can give me some advice on
how to track down the source of the problem? Thank you.

WindowsXP
Frame 7.0
Visual C++ 6.0

Sue
Sue Mitchell
Team Leader
Documentation Engineering Services
Cognos Inc. Ottawa, ON
613.738.1338 x5461

       This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open any attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you have done so.  Thank you.