Re: Imported PDF bloat

> > Try saving/exporting the PDF from Acrobat as a EPS. Then import the EPS
> > into FM. That should do the trick.
>
> Won't make the slightest difference in final PDF file size!

I agree that it shouldn't, but a quick test of generating a single page
with a diagram actually showed a small difference in final PDF size.
First I imported the original PDF, then I replaced it with an EPS
created from Acrobat 5 (Level 2, binary, preview, embed included fonts).
Everything else was exactly the same. The PDF graphic was already
cropped to the size of the actual graphic (no margins).

The difference is size was small (less than 10%), but I guess the
difference is in the way FM converts the imported PDF into an
"internal EPS", as compared to the EPS created from Acrobat 5.
There's probably a slight difference in EPS characteristics.

Dov, does that sound plausible?

> Dumb question du jour!

Yep, I admitted to that fairly quickly :-)