Re: PDF bookmarks incorrect with Save As PDF in FM 7.0

[ The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.
  This reply is sent only to the "Free Framers" mailing list.
  If this reply is useful, consider copying it to FrameUsers. ]

From: "Klaus Daube" <ddd@xxxxxxxx>
> I have a 300 page FM book consisting of chapters 0...13 and A...F.
> Depending on the method I create the PDF the bookmarks are created
> differently and the file opens on a different page:
>
> Save Book as PDF from FrameMaker:
> - open on page 197. This is the last page of the pre-last file
>   (the end of the first file of appendix F)
>
> FrameMaker: version 7.0, international english
> Distiller:  version 5.0.5.2001...
>
> Is there a known problem with Save Book as PDF in FM 7.0 ?
> Until now I am reluctant to pay for update 7.1

Yes there are some problems. Have you applied the free patches for
FM 7.0 so that you're running version 7.0p578? (see Help>About)

From MicroType's website (bugs in FM 7.0):
When converting a FrameMaker book to PDF: default opening page in
PS/PDF may be incorrectly set to be the first page of last chapter in
a book; in other cases, the value in the "Open PDF Document on Page"
field is ignored, and 1 is used by default (first page in first chapter,
which may inappropriate if you have front-matter items).
Workarounds:
(1) Modify the individual PDF in Acrobat (File > Document Properties
 > Open Options, Page Number)
(2) Add a command controlling the opening page to the epilogue.ps file,
 so that all distilled files will be affected
(3) Specify the opening page/destination through the Defaults Assistant
 (TimeSavers add-on)

Perhaps this will solve some of your problems.