FM 7.1p114 BROKEN

In a recent thread on the Adobe User-to-User forums ( http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b312 ) we were discussing the quiet advent of version p.114 into the distribution channel.

Unfortunately, this is a perfect example of being careful what you wish for: this version has a MAJOR problem with creating & assigning paragraph tags, and to all intents and purposes is NOT USABLE. [This is on WinXP]

"Enhancing" the oft-lamented bug where the dropdown paratag indicator doesn't display the correct paragraph tag, this version does not assign paragraph tags correctly, nor does it update or add paragraph tags correctly. Based on my first hour of use, this version is seriously broken -- it is nearly impossible to get paragraph tags changed or assigned reliably. Tags don't seem to "stick" once assigned, seeming to revert back to the original tag although the screen display of the paragraph does not change, nor do they update properly. The dropdown list, the bottom left tag display, and the Paragraph Designer often show three different tag names.

Tags can't be applied via the Paragraph Designer reliably. For example, a paragraph that displays as if it's Numbered1 in the text, and acts as if it's Numbered1, yet in all 3 locations it's shown as being Title. But, selecting Title in the Paragraph Designer and hitting Apply / Update has absolutely no effect.

I will be contacting Adobe tech support tomorrow, but I'd strongly advise anybody planning to order an update to 7.1 right now to wait until this is resolved.

Sheila
Sheila Carlisle             V: 425/ 486-2988       F: 425/ 483-3836
Axial InfoSolutions Inc.               (Bothell, Washington)
Automated Publishing Solutions  /  XML Publishing Solutions
http://www.axialinfo.com     http://www.miramo.com