Re: XML import page count

At 05:04 AM 6/18/2004, Fredrik Nyman wrote:
I'm continuing to work on my XML imports. One thing that puzzles me is
why FrameMaker creates 14 pages out of my 55 line XML text-file when I
just open it in FrameMaker. The actual text fits nicely into the first
page as intended, the remaining 13 is just pure blank (except for the
master page formatting of course).

Fredrik,
The first thing I would check is the template. How many pages does it have? Look at
the pagination properties (Format > Page Layout > Pagination) and make sure that Before
Saving & Printing is set to delete empty pages, or to make the page count even or odd.
Do the extra pages use a custom master page?
--Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development, and training
lprice@xxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505 cell phone: (510) 421-2284