Re: FM 7.1 version p114

First of all, a big thanks to Dov Isaacs for replying to the list.
I'm constantly amazed how Dov finds the time to do so.

I do have a few comments, though:

> The original question was whether there was a patch or updater for
> FrameMaker 7.1 b023 and THAT was what I was responding to,nothing more
> and nothing less.

This is not terribly important, but the original poster was looking
for FM 7.1 p114, and the reply he got from Adobe was that no such
version exists. I for one interpreted Dov's response in exactly the
same way. Whether it's correct to refer to a "patch" or "upgrade"
is of little importance to the customers that are looking for p114.

Again, I *do* appreciate the work Dov is doing in resolving this, but
I think the information was somewhat misleading (but not on purpose,
of course).

> And that build has some bug fixes PLUS explicit support for wheeled mice.
> What you reporting vis-a-vis "replacement media" and support is fairly
> accurate.

Since the p114 build has bug fixes, it would be of great interest to
know what they are. To quote the message from Adobe again:
"If the updated (p114) version of FrameMaker resolves a technical issue
 that you are currently experiencing, you may be eligible to receive a
 free (replacement) copy of the updated version."

I find this statement somewhat troublesome, since the owners of FM 7.1 b023
aren't even aware of any new update, or what issues it's supposed to fix.
I readily admit that I'm not in the habit of contacting FM technical
support as soon as I encounter a bug in FM...

I'm pleased that Adobe is looking into the possibilities of making
the p114 version available for b023 users. However, I still don't quite
understand why there's a lack of information to begin with, but let's
put that issue to rest and look forward to more information from Adobe.

Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
Technical Communicator, Uppsala, Sweden
mailto:Thomas.Michanek@xxxxxxxxx
http://go.to/framers/