structured frame: round-tripping graphics + equations

Hi all,

We're interested in structured frame, and particularly 'round-tripping' our technical documents to and from a customized XML format. Does anyone have solutions for round-tripping graphics and equations? I'm stuck trying to find a way to specify an equation (or a graphic), customize the look and layout, and export/re-import the document while preserving the graphic/equation details.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Brian