Re: Wrapping Variables

> If so, replace your single footer text frame with two or more
> aligned text frames, one for the variable text, and the rest for
> the remaining parts of the footer. The variable text may then
> line-wrap without affecting the other elements.

Here's another way to deal with the problem:

Place a table, set up with no borders or cell boundary lines, in the footer frame (which
should be a background frame on the Master page).

The variable lives in one cell, and the other footer parts (Page number, etc) live in
other cells. Center them, right align them, give them a different font, add an icon ....
etc. You have lots of flexibility.

Actually, if you want a line above the footer, the table could include an upper border.

This approach allows for you to set up a table format (call it 'footer table' ) that is
easily managed (updated) as the document encounters revisions.

Sometimes, there are more ways than one to do the same thing in FrameMaker. That's why we
like using it, right?

Doug Scofield
technical writer
FrameWrite