cudspan: Cannot initialize API client

Hello,

I just downloaded the cudspan packages

   HuntOverrides.dll
   book_looker.dll
   pgf_whopper.dll

Apparently, on need only put these into the "PLUGINS"
directory.  The only plugins directory I seem to have
is under the fminit directory, called "Plugins".
But I get an error message when starting FM6:

   Cannot initialize API client
   c:\program files\...\fminit\plugins\FileName.dll

I get one such message per DLL from the 3 cudspan
packages.  The error message also suggests checking
the APIClients section of maker.ini to make sure
the client program "exists".  Well, these filenames
certainly don't show up there, which makes sense
since I didn't modify maker.ini.

I've searched the web and groups for a solution, but
without luck.  Could anyone suggest the proper way to
install these packages?  Thanks.

Fred

P.S.  Sent to comp.text.frame,
framers@xxxxxxxxx, and adobe.framemaker.
--
Fred Ma
Dept. of Electronics, Carleton University