Re: Rumour: FM really is dead

Thomas Michanek wrote:

Dear framers,

As you probably know, Adobe will release FM 7.1 for Windows and Solaris,
but not for the Macintosh. This has lead to speculations that Adobe will
discontinue FM development for the Mac and not provide an OS X version.

From the February 2004 issue of MacAddict, page 13:

"...Adobe announced that it is discontinuing all future development of its mid-level PageMaker layout software and Mac developement of its enterprise-level FrameMaker publishing software. Adobe says it will continue to sell and support current versions of these apps."

Now, consider how much lead time you have to have for a magazine....

We'd planned on upgrading to 7, but now we won't bother. It's a dead product.

--Ananda