How to Avoid Screwing Up Your System BADLY! (WAS: New Version of AdobeFrameMaker ...)

Absolutely NOT! Adobe does not support multiple versions of Acrobat or
mixtures of Acrobat, stand-alone Distiller, and Reader concurrently
installed on the same system.

Although (unfortunately), the installers do not prevent such mishagoss
AND it is possible to run such versions with reduced functionality, the
fact is that neither FrameMaker "save as PDF", printing to the "Acrobat
Distiller" or "Adobe PDF" printer instance, nor display of PDF in a
browser window will work predictably and/or reliably under such
circumstances.

        - Dov