Re: Keeping font overrides in crossreferece <$paratext>

Thomas Michanek wrote:

> So, italics are never preserved. Font and sub/superscript are,
> *provided* you use character tags to apply them in the source paragraph.
> Overrides won't work. Since text cannot have more than one character
> tag name associated with it, applying two or more character tags in
> reality creates an override to one of the applied tags.
>
> The solution is to create character tags also for the combinations
> of tags you need, e.g. <SymbolSub> for Symbol font + Subscript.
> You may not like this, but it's the only way to get it to work.

Thomas,

I did think about that.  Since italics are not preserved,
I elected to forgo the <$paratext> feature altogether.  I
don't have a solution, I've just kluged my paper so that
it does without.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Fred
--
Fred Ma
Dept. of Electronics, Carleton University