Re: Keeping font overrides in crossreferece <$paratext>

> Since italics are not preserved,
> I elected to forgo the <$paratext> feature altogether.  I
> don't have a solution, I've just kluged my paper so that
> it does without.

Since your original description only talked about the wish
to preserve font changes in the cross-reference text, could
you elaborate a bit more on the formatting of your source
paragraphs and the paragraphs containing the cross-refs?
What formatting changes do you really need to preserve?
Are they required by a client, or a wish of your own?
Perhaps we can find an alternative solution, or suggest
an alternative design approach.

Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
Technical Communicator, Uppsala, Sweden
mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
http://go.to/framers/  (updated on Oct. 29)