From: Richard Combs [mailto:richard.combs@voyanttech.com]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 3:42 PM
To: David Foster; framers@omsys.com
Subject: RE: Frame 7 on XP keyboard/mouse/GUI misbehavior

David Foster wrote:

<< Ctrl key. You can use the Ctrl key as a shortcut (to open the Paragraph
or Character catalog, for example; or to type special characters like em
dashes), but it's not working for me: as soon as I let go of the Ctrl key,
it's as if Frame's forgotten that I've pressed it. >>

Don't let go of the Ctrl key. :-)

Modifier key shortcuts, like Ctrl+M (to open the Pgf Designer), involve
_simultaneous_ key-presses; that's why they're illustrated with a plus sign
between the keys (e.g., Ctrl+M, Alt+F2, Shift+Tab). Don't confuse them with
the (cross-platform) Escape key _sequences_, which, as the name suggests,
involve _sequential_ key-presses (e.g., Esc s v, Esc f i f).

I can't help you with the dialog box problem, as I'm not sure I understand
it. But you may have to click twice on a control in a non-modal dialog if it
doesn't already have focus; the first click just moves the focus to the
dialog (you'll see its title bar change from unselected to selected color).
Otherwise, it sounds like a display issue; is it exclusive to FM?

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs