RE: Pb with image quality in Frame

No, you don't need to use bmps if the gifs look good. What dpi are you using
to import the graphics? You're not resizing them by dragging, true? Try
144dpi as a good starting place, then experiment from there. Also, if you
are doing any kind of downsampling in Distiller, that can really blur your
graphics in the PDF. If the copied-in graphics look good but not the
referenced ones, I wouldn't expect that to be the problem.