RE: Symbol printing incorrectly -- repost from Dov Isaacs

Thomas Neuburger wrote:

| The following is the complete text of a message from Dov Isaacs
| on this and related issues.
|
| David, the problem isn't the one symbol, but all symbols. Until you
| institute the fix below, all symbols will have weird spacing
following,
| independent of whether space characters follow or not. Also, the
amount of
| "weirdness" varies from character to character, but is consistent with
| given character in the font.
|
| I'm including the whole message for completeness; the key points,
however,
| are the numbered directions AND the paragraph that follows
"FURTHERMORE".

<snip>

OK, I implemented this fix, which fyi is also described at
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.ef4dc6a, but the results,
while different, were not an improvement.

After adding "% " to the Font: lines, as Dov describes, there are no
symbols in the output at all. In other words, the arrow, which
previously overprinted the following character, now prints just as white
space.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

David Knopf ~ mailto:david@knopf.com