RE: Symbol printing incorrectly from Frame 6 to Acrobat 5

Thomas Michanek [mailto:thomas.michanek@telia.com] wrote:

| > The > is not actually a greater than sign, but rather a variable
named
| > Arrow whose definition is:
| >
| >    \st<Symbol>Æ<Default  Font>\st
|
| Try including the spaces within the Symbol formatting.

I tried this, but it had no effect.

| > Everything looks right in FrameMaker, but when printing to Acrobat
or
| > our PS printer, the arrow symbol overprints the following character.
|
| Make sure you have the TrueType Symbol font installed, not the Type 1
| version. This is apparently important in Windows.

Really? I didn't know that. I have the Type 1 Symbol font installed.
I've removed it (in ATM) but still get the problem with the output.
Where do I find/how do I confirm that I have the TrueType Symbol font
installed? (In WINNT\Fonts, I have a file called Symbol8,10,12,14,18,24.
This file has a copyright date of 1991.)

| Make sure to Print to file using the Acrobat Distiller printer,
| and then Distill the resulting PS file.

Always!

| Don't use Save As PDF.

Never!

| Check that the font path where Symbol is installed on your
| system is included in the Font Locations of the Acrobat Distiller.

I have three directories in this path:

C:\PSFONTS\ (where my Type 1 Symbol font was before I deleted it)
C:\WINNT\FONTS (where the Symbol8,10,12,14,18,24 file lives)
D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Resource\Font (there is a copy of
sy______.pfb here but it is not installed via ATM)

| Make sure your Acrobat Distiller printer driver is set up with
| the Adist5.ppd file, not any other PPD file.

I believe it is but am not 100% certain how to verify this. In any case,
doesn't the fact that the problem is apparent when printing a PostScript
to distill OR when printing directly to a PS printer suggest that the
problem is with the PostScript generated by Frame?

Thanks for your help,

David Knopf ~ mailto:david@knopf.com
Knopf Online ~ San Francisco, CA ~ http://www.knopf.com