RE: eps problems

Larry,

In fact, except for the EPS-passthrough and some limited PostScript
generated by FrameMaker for "housekeeping" purposes, under Windows,
the PostScript from a FrameMaker document is indeed generated by
the driver. But the combination of the driver and the application
through a Windows GDI filter is not that efficient. The name "Distiller"
came from the fact that the primary job of that piece of software was
to "distill" and isolate the graphical essence of the complex PostScript
job stream, a majority of which is often control and housekeeping code.
Due to the fact that the controllers of most PostScript laser printers
are much slower than the host computers "feeding" them PostScript, the
difference between an inefficient PostScript stream generated by the
driver from GDI commands sent by FrameMaker and the exceptionally
efficient PostScript stream output from Acrobat can more than accomodate
the overhead of host computer distillation to PDF.

Clear as mud, right?

        - Dov