Automating simple Framemaker tasks

I need to automate a repetitive task in Framemaker and I'm looking for some advice as to the best way to get it done.

The task is: have Framemaker open each file (*.xml) in a directory and save it in Framemaker format (*.fm).  When I do this manually I have to select the structured application, click through a DTD-related message, and click through an apply master pages message.

I haven't explored FrameScript yet.  It looks (at first glance) like the right tool but I want to make sure that it is the best method before I invest the time to learn it.  If there is an easier way, I'd love to hear about that also.

Would anyone share some experience with this sort of job?

Thanks,

Peter Desjardins
The Oak Group
Wellesley, MA  USA