Re: Cannot Write To Specified Print File

Richard,

Wiping your system would be an extreme case of "reinstallzheimers"
disease! Unnecessary. Amazing how those IS folks use that strategy
when they cannot figure out what is going wrong. (At Adobe years ago,
we had a technician who was even worse. He was always replacing PC
motherboards and processors. His dump of "no good" motherboards was
used by a number of employees to fully equip them homes with computers
for everybody. That technician is obviously no longer with us.)

First of all, I assume that you are writing to a watched folder because
you are running FrameMaker 6 and producing PDF from a book. Otherwise,
you should be using the Acrobat Distiller printer instance as G-d meant
it to be used to directly feed the Distiller via the PDF port.

Secondly, remember that the file port MUST have the name "FILE:" not
"FILE" (obviously without the double quotes). If you are missing the ":",
it doesn't work. Several users with this problem forgot the ":" and
remedying that omission fixed the problem.

        - Dov