Re: Wrong Printer Error

I suspect that when importing PDF into FrameMaker, the internal conversion
of PDF to EPS (which is really what happens) causes PostScript code to be
inserted that tries to diagnose improper PostScript language level support.
It may be possible that such code is triggering a PostScript Level 2
incompatibility in QMS' (now part of Minolta QMS) UltraScript 2 emulation
of PostScript Level 2. (Since 1990 or so, QMS printers have had their own
emulation of PostScript, not licensed Adobe PostScript, derived from Imagen's
DDL language processor!)

You should try the following workaround and let us know if it works. From
Acrobat, export or save EPS (language level 2, fonts embedded, and TIFF
preview header) from the PDF page in question and import the resultant EPS
file into FrameMaker.

        - Dov