Re: WORKAROUND for Frame 7.0 crash on saving book as PDF

carpentn@genco.com wrote:

 > This workaround reminds me of what we had to do in Frame 5.5.6 to get my
 > cross references between books to work. We had to keep open all the books
 > that were connected by cross references. If we did not keep them open, the
 > jumps did not work, but there was no crash. Since this "Open Document on
 > Page" is a cross reference, it must also be open. Too bad that the
 > consequence of not keeping the document open is so severe!

These are two separate issues, in my opinion.

Keeping the books open is applicable when a set of related books are
converted to PDFs, each book as a single PDF. If the related books
are closed, FrameMaker uses the individual chapter as the PDF target
for cross-file links (hypertext markers and/or cross-references).

This is relevant to all FrameMaker versions, and is discussed in detail
in "Conversion of FrameMaker Cross-File Links to Acrobat"
http://www.microtype.com/resources/FM_crossfile_links.pdf (190K)

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker, Acrobat training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers
FrameMaker-to-PDF Assistants: Form, Navigation, Presentation, Defaults