TOC with embedded LOF & LOT

Hello,

How do you generate a list of figures and a list of tables, which can be embedded into the TOC but are not included in the book?  Sometimes a book may contain a list of 4 figures and 5 tables.  When a LOF and a LOT file is generated these are separate files in the book.  If I want to import these
into a TOC so that I do not have a page by itself with just 4 figures listed, I currently use two book files.

Book 1
Front Matter
TOC
LOF
LOT
Chapter files

Book 2
Front Matter
TOC (with imported LOF and LOT)
Chapter files

I generate Book 1 first, then Book 2.  Book 2 is then used to generate a pdf file.

This method works, but I feel that a better solution is may exist.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Gareth Morgan
ADTRAN