Re: Graphics, callouts, and internationalization

[ reply copied to the Free Framers mailing list ]

From: "Roger Shuttleworth" <RShuttleworth@visualplant.com>
> I am planning to use a "circled number" font (European Pi). Presumably
> the best thing is to create a text frame (outside the anchored frame)
> and place the number in there, then draw the arrow. I can probably
> automate this using AutoText or something.

I see no need for that, and it would cause two other problems:

1. If you place elements outside the anchored frame, they will not move
   with the image if the text containing the anchored frame reflows. You
   will end up with unacnhored call-outs being stuck to the page background.
   Instead, make the anchored frame big enough to contain all call-outs.

2. If you ever convert your documents to HTML or another Help format,
   things inside anchored frames will be kept together and converted
   into an image (including the call-outs). Even though this will
   rasterize the "text" into bitmaps, they will be kept as is.
   If you place elements outside the anchored frame, they will not
   be part of the image in HTML!