RE: rotating tables

If you want a portrait page with a table that runs 'sideways,' the method
that I've used is...

Create a set of custom left/right master pages copied from the standard L/R
pages.

Delete the text frames.

Rotate the pages 90 deg.

Place new text boxes on the pages.

Unrotate.

Go to the body pages and apply the new masters.

Rotate the body page 90 deg and insert/create the table.

Unrotate.

You have to remember that you can edit the body pages only when they are
rotated to the orientaton of when the text box was placed on the master.

Jim Stauffer
Sr. Technical Writer
BeamReach Networks
Sunnyvale, CA