RE: Xref question

> > Well, you could use a hyperlink instead of a cross-reference. Or you could
point
> > the xref to a 2-point paragraph of white text just before the heading.
>
> The extra paragraph method has its disadvantages, as others have pointed out.
> But there is a variation that may be a little better:
> If your headings don't use autonumbering, define the heading paragraphs
> with an autonumber string identical to the text you wish to see in the link,
> e.g. "To add a receipt to a batch".

I forgot to mention an obvious disadvantage with the above method:
those heading paragraphs will always have overrides to the paragraph
tag, so you'll lose the autonumber strings (and the cross-refs will
become empty) if you ever need to import formats (and remove overrides)
from a template document.