HOW ABOUT THAT! [Re: BATTLE OF THE FRAMERS LISTS -- IT'S SOLVING ITSELF]

Hello Richard, and Other Esteemed Framers,

Richard Combs's email was certainly a revelation
to me.

There's no obvious reason why my email settings
would filter out emails for the FU list  (and, cross-
posted ones get through just fine)  and let through
emails for the FF list.  So probably that ain't
what's happening.  Rather . . .

Obviously, I'm no longer on the FU list.   :'o{

That possible alternative explanation hadn't
occurred to me, since I'd never taken any
action to unsubscribe.  And, even though I'm
rather politically-incorrect about some things,
I'd never received any notice, from Brad Anderson
or from his faithful robot computer, that I'd been
dropped from FU, for any sins of omission or
of commission.

Oh, well.  Life in the Big City.  It was FUn
while it lasted.

Meanwhile, there's lots of interesting stuff
going by on the FF list.

My email service was devastated in early
December by the  `magistr-b'  worm virus,
and possibly something may have happened
during that time which I never became aware
of, to unsubscribe me from FU.

(Not to worry, Framers  -- I'm fully-recovered
now, and relatively bulletproof, with constantly-
updated Norton AntiVirus checking my incoming
and outgoing email messages.  Any of you who
aren't yet using antivirus software, take heed and
avoid any similar calamity.)

My most-recent message, to which Richard replied,
was rejected by FU allegedly for technical reasons,
to wit:

Because HTML-formatted messages tend to cause a variety of problems when
posted to a mailing list, no HTML-formatted messages are accepted on
framers.

Your attempted post has been returned to you.

Please set your mail options to send plain text messages, then send your
post again. It was not posted to the list.

If you're an Outlook user, you'll have to set an address book entry in
Outlook for framers and set the properties to send only Plain
Text/UUencode messages to framers.

If you're a Eudora 4 user, realize that "Styled text" is automatically
HTML. To turn it off, from the Tools menu:
 - Choose Options and then Styled Text
 - Check the "Send plain text only" field, then click OK.

If you're a Eudora 3 user, you turn Styled Text off, from the Tools menu.
 - Choose Options and then Styled Text.
 - Check the "discard styles before sending messages" box.
 - Click OK.

Best Regards,

Brad Anderson
brad@FrameUsers.com

Brad obviously knows that nobody uses Netscape
Messenger any more, so no fix for it is mentioned.
Nor is there one mentioned for Lotus Notes, or for
Mozilla, both of which also have their followings.

Since my Netscape Messenger email service
now ain't broke otherwise, I'm reluctant to fix it
just to jump through this particular hoop for FU.
I depend upon email very much, like all of you.

Rejecting .html postings is one more burden
which FU has chosen to carry, besides running
ads and dropping politically-incorrect subscribers.

The Google homepage was recently displaying a
link  (now gone)  to a little essay on why Google
refuses to run popup ads, and tries to screen out
those which sneak past anyway.  Its gist:
Google wishes to serve, and not to annoy.

Cheers,

Chuck Hastings      cwh2@earthlink.net