Re: RunAround Problem - Again

Not having read your previous posts on this subject, I must assume that the
.25" currently lost is the gap between the two columns in the master page
body text frame. I can think of no way to overcome that. It would seem,
therefore, that the only solution is that the (presumably empty) anchor
paragraph for the table must have its pagination property set to Across All
Columns, with the table anchored to it being centered in the body text
frame so that it straddles the two columns. But that means the text above
the table anchoring paragraph on the same page will fill the two columns
above the table (equally if Balance Columns is turned on), and the text
below the table anchoring paragraph on the same page will fill the two
columns (equally again if Balance Columns is turned on) below the table .
That means the user must know that the sequence of the information on the
page containing the table is as follows:

1. The text in the left-hand column above the table is to be read first.
2. The text in the right-hand column above the table is to be read next.
3. The text in the table is to be read next (that's obvious).
4. The text in the left-hand column below the table is to be read next.
5. The text in the right-hand column below the table is to be read last.

If the reader fails to understand this sequence, (s)he may think that (s)he
should (in conventional fashion) read top-to-bottom down the first column
(including the table), then read top-to-bottom down the second column.

But, since you state that you're already using Across All Columns for
text/objects that span the whole width of the page, you already understand
the way in which text flows in that case. So, your only solution would seem
to be to treat tables slightly wider than a single text column just like
other text/objects that span the whole width of the page.
At 01:12 PM 2/13/02 -0500, eric.dunn@ca.transport.bombardier.com wrote:

>Let's try asking again...
>
>Is there a way to make Tables run around objects placed on Master Pages?
>
>I only received 1 answer last time asking why the tempalte had to be the
>way it
>was. Quick answer: Because the client wants it that way.
>
>I desperately want to be able to regain the .25 inch currently lost by the
>bodypage text frame and limit the effect of the master page element to only
>those cases the bodypage text/object spans the whole width of the page.
>
>Eric L. Dunn

>** with "unsubscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.   **

| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
177 Riverside Ave., STE F, #1151, Newport Beach, CA 92663