Re: Mif2Go now free for unemployed TWs and consultants

On Fri, 08 Feb 2002 15:38:58 -0500, Rose Britton <rosetech@telocity.com>
wrote:

>The difference is that Mif2Go is not accompanied by viruses....
>So there!

LOL!  Here's a message that someone got today instead of
the .zip we had sent:

>FILE DELETED
>------------
>
>Warning!
>
>The attached file m2g33u21.zip has not been delivered. The
>reason is that the virus scanning indicated infection by the
>virus ExceedinglyInfected.
>
>Please notify the sender of this e-mail.

And our reply:

>No, it's the much more dangerous virus OverlyParanoid.
>It infects the wetware of some sysadmins.  In its most
>virulent form, it actually opens .zips, and deletes from
>inside them any .exes and even .dlls that it finds there.
>Symptoms: lost emails, decreased productivity, and angry
>users.  Remedy: complain to engineering manager, who can
>then explain the error to the MIS manager who approved
>this stunt, possibly by sending him the traditional pink
>notification slip along with his final paycheck.
>
>Or you can just give us another email address.  ;-)
>Anything but hotmail should work fine.  Sorry for
>the inconvenience!

Note that unfortunately hotmail thinks our .zip is too
big and send it back.  So Bill is not helping us after
all...  Please give us only non-hotmail addys when
writing to offer@omsys.com for your free copies.

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **