FrameMaker+SGML EDD question: Inline formats

Hi
I want to make an EDD which is easy to maintain but I also want to create an
author interface which is user-friendly and without too many levels.

I have some basic question about inline formats such as Bold, italic,
superscript, subscript, markers, index and glossary entries.

Right now my plan is to insert them in all TEXT elements as inclusions.
Element (Container): DT-DescriptiveText
General rule:	<TEXT>
	Inclusions:	CO-CallOut
		Inline-Bold
Element (Container): Inline-Bold
General rule:	<TEXT>
	Text format rules
		In all contexts.
				Default font properties
				Weight: Bold

Question:

1. Should I use inclusions or attributes for the inline formats?
2. Is there an easier way to specify all the inclusion formats?
2. Is it a good idea to let markers, index and glossary entries be part of
the FrameMaker template in stead of the EDD? I don't plan to restrict the
usage of these entries to specific elements.

Best Regards

Verner Andersen
Documentation Manager
BarcoNet A/S