RE: Figure numbering out of sequence with floating anchored frame s

Dan

I haven't actually advocated a method, although you keep alleging I have and
then demolishing your own straw man. I mentioned in passing a week ago a couple
of the  methods I *use* according to circumstances, often using an explicit
anchor paragraph as you advocated both before and, at considerable length,
after I said so. Neither requires me to back-fill pages manually, which I don't
like, or forces me to make top-of-page (i.e. page-breaking) decisions myself,
as you suggested on 21/11, which I also don't like. Neither of them is perfect.
I haven't claimed otherwise. You did so for yours on 23/11. Now you've recanted
on this, so we agree. There is no perfect solution. I really wish there was.

Regards

EJP