Re: FM+SGML: Conditions and attributes?

But the approach described by Eric Dunn below wouldn't work when only part
of the text within a paragraph is conditionalized. And if the conditional
text spans the contents of multiple elements, you'd have to set the
condition attribute in each of those elements. Furthermore, almost any
element containing text, graphics, tables, table components,
cross-references, etc. may be a candidate for conditional text. Thus, it
seems to me that a single pair of elements marking the beginning and end of
a conditional text instance is much simpler, easier to implement, and
probably more amenable to automation with a Framescript or an API.

At 03:38 PM 11/22/01 -0500, edunn@transport.bombardier.com wrote:

>How about taking a similar approach and identifying which elements may be
>conditionalised and adding a condition attribute to those elements?
>This would control which information/content could be conditional. Framescript
>should still be able to apply/preserve the conditional tagging.
>
>Eric L. Dunn

| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
177 Riverside Ave., STE F, #1151, Newport Beach, CA 92663