Re: Using MIF files to condition information

What you propose should be possible and scriptable in something such as PERL.
But I'd have to ask why you want to do it this way.
I have difficulty in seeing how the maintenance of multiple paragraph tags and
post processing through PERL is more efficient or simpler than the use of
conditional text. How many conditions do you have and where do they overlap? I
you have overlapping conditions, I fail to see how it will be any easier to
determine the correct output in MIF.
If you can provide more specifics perhaps the list can help you better approach
the use of conditional text. The example given is incredibly simple to
accomplish in conditional text and often overlapping conditions can be avoided
by simply repeating some parts of passages and not making the conditional text
segments too small.

Eric L. Dunn