equations, and fonts, and conversions - oh my!

Once again I, a lonely working-solo editor, turn to your collective wisdom
for help on an extremely challenging problem.

I've converted a doc from Word (presumably done on a PC; version unknown)
to Frame 6.0 (on Mac).  One Appendix is filled with equations.  Some were
just typed in, using subs and supers, but others appear to have been done
in an equation editor or whatever Word has for such things.  (I'm not too
familiar with current versions of Word and less so with creating
equations.)  These latter are much darker than the former, and look
especially bad when there is a line over some part of the equation.  The
line is so thick as to obscure the top of the term beneath it.

I checked Object Properties for one of these eq's., and it showed
	Facets:  WMF, Frame Vector
	Referenced File:  No File

The Error Log shows that Times New Semi-Light is not available and that
Times New Roman MT Extra Bold has been substituted - apparently only for
the troublesome equations.  (Why would Frame change a semi-light font to
extra bold?)

When I select one of these eq's, Graphics > Ungroup is dimmed, so I don't
see any way to delete the heavy line and put a thinner one in.

My questions are:

1.  Is there a way to make Frame change the font that was substituted to
something innocuous, such as plain Times Roman?

2.  Is there a way to put the object into Frame's equation editor and
change the heavy line to a lighter one?

3. Is there something else I'm missing that will enable me to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

irene

Irene Rush
Writing, Editing, Indexing