Re: Stringing together PDF jobs (batch) - possible?

*** The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.
*** If this message is useful, consider sending it to FrameUsers.

From: "Betler, Maura" <Maura_Betler@G1.com>
> I am posting this question for a co-worker:
>
> He has an MS-DOS batch file that he runs to process 73 (and climbing) sets
> of test files. Each of the test files produces multiple reports. The
> semi-governmental mail delivery service (:)) who grades our files would
> prefer the output in .PDF format, but we are producing straight .TXT files,
> with ASCII controls in them (carriage returns, etc.). He is looking for a
> way to include commands into his existing batch files to convert from a .TXT
> file to a .PDF file. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this type of
> "batch" conversion?

There are direct Text-to-PDF converters, e.g.
http://www.sanface.com/txt2pdf.html
http://www.davince.com/docs/txt2pdf.html
http://www.icewalk.com/softlib/app/app_00722.html
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,10615,61268,.html

(I haven't checked if they're all the same software or if they
all can be run from MS-DOS)