mystery bookmarks in TOC file

Hello, Framers,

We've had a low-grade problem with unwanted bookmarks showing up in our
PDFs for a while. I thought my last template cleanup would deal with it,
but it hasn't. Maybe someone can suggest a cause.

We only include four tags in the PDF Setup, it's not complex:
chaptitle
.Heading1
..Heading2
...Heading3

Well, in the PDF output, I get neatly nested bookmarks for all those
four tags...PLUS...
from the Table of Contents, I get the <chaptitle> "Contents" with nested
bookmarks for all the Heading1TOC entries.

Heading1TOC does NOT appear in the list of tags to bookmark, but the
bookmark list is reliably nuts. The whole template and PDF-ing worked
FINE under 5.5. I have optimized for PDF, turned Links on and off and on
and off and generated between, but nothing gets rid of those unwanted
sub-bookmarks. I've been gritting teeth and gang-deleting them for every
new build.

Any bright ideas for corners I haven't swept yet?  Or a reminder how to
push the 6.0 book file into re-learning its available tags across the
book?

Frame 6.0, Windows 2000 Pro, Acrobat 4.0.5, Acrobat Distiller print
driver

And thanks in advance,

Deborah Snavely
Document Architect