Re: Checking length of docs without opening the file

I don't see a way to do this out of the box.  If you're on the Mac, it
should be a simple AppleScript to loop through a directory, count pages
in every file, and report.

While you don't want to use books, you *could* do this:

* Copy all files to a working directory.
* Create one book to contain all the files.
* Add all the files in the directory to that book - a simple command.
* Click on each entry in the book window - the page count appears in the
book win status line

On win, I have a free batch utility that can call external plugins...
If you can generate a FrameMaker or text file with commands to open each
file you're interested in, then call the plugin, then close the file
(three commands for each file), then I can spend the 15 minutes it would
take to write a plugin to count the pages.  In know that DOS weenies can
generate such a text file via BAT commands.  Let me know if you're
interested.  Find my freeware on
http://www.telecable.es/personales/cud/

Cheers           cud