Re: [FrameSGML] Text Inset Bug in FM+SGML 6.0 and 5.5

While I hesitate to say anything against Lynne's advice, I would discourage the
use of the last option:

>>c) Define a new element (say TextInset) to be used as the highest-level
>>   element of text insets. Allow it anywhere in the destination document.

>From experience I can guarantee that if this element is available it will be
used for evil purposes. Any kind of overall element like this gives the
mischievous minions that are to use the DTD an easy way to contravene the
intended structure. You will soon find that invalid structures have been wrapped
with TextInset to form valid (although incorrect) ones.

Already you'll find that any and all excessive permissiveness will be exploited
by users. It's dangerous to give them such a huge loop hole.

Eric L. Dunn