RE: Handling running footers

> We're finding that these discrete files aren't picking up the
> chapter/appendix details in their running footer. We have a
> "Running H/F 1" tag comprised of:
>
> <$paranum[ChapterNumber]><$paranum[AppendixNumber]><$paratext[IntroIndex]>
> <$paratext[Contents]>  <$paratext[ChapterTitle]><$paratext[AppendixTitle]>

Exactly what isn't working?
Are you aware that you for any H/F building block can specify
several tags, e.g. <$paranum[ChapterNumber,AppendixNumber]> ?
For H/F variables of this kind to work, you must of course have
a paragraph using one of the specified tags in the document.
They cannot be picked up from other files, unless you use
cross-refs instead of H/F variables.

I'm guessing the "discrete" files don't contain the paragraphs,
and/or that they display the same content for all your books.
Are these files stored in a single place, referenced from all
your book files? If so, you either need to use fixed variables
for your header/footer info, or make copies of the files and
put them in the same directory as the other files of the books.

Feel free to come back with more details,