A new twist I want to implement in a Generated list?

Greetings,

I want to do something a little different in a table of contents for one of
my templates.

I have 2 flows in this document. One flow contains a small text box on each
page that lists the date of revision (or that page). It is a hand-typed
date. The other flow is a normal body-type text frame.

What I want to do is have the "date" from the first  flow show up on the
same line as the "Heading" (Second Flow) information. I tried setting my TOC
para styles to "Run-in head" but then I realized that not every page had a
"Heading" on it. So I could not maintain my visual continuity in
"Heading......Date....Page". Also it would be nice if I could suppress the
date in the table of contents on pages where there is no "Heading"

Is there more tricks I can use on the reference page (or else where) to
combine the two generated lists para styles on one line?