RE: Keyboard Shortcut for Paste Special | Text?

This is a two-step process; not as slick as a keystroke shortcut (Other than
the obvious
Alt+e, s, TEXT).

To modify the button bar, open C:\Program
Files\Adobe\FrameMaker6.0\fminit\fmtoolbr.ini
or your equivalent, locate the button bar section and add a line (mine's
next to the Paste entry
that reads
	13=ICON	    , ToolBarPaste       , PasteSpecial
Note that the number is going to vary depending on the point you insert it.

To make TEXT the first entry in the Paste Special dialog box, so you can
just hit the Enter
key to insert the characters, edit
	C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker6.0\maker.ini
or your equivalent by searching for the line that reads:
	ClipboardFormatsPriorities=FILE, OLE 2, EMF, META, DIB, BMP, MIF, RTF, TEXT
and moving TEXT to the head of the line, where FILE is.

Note that there's a gotcha at work here, because I can't get this second
reordering step to work on my machine. I haven't attempted to debug this,
but I suspect
Windows 2000 is overriding the FM setting somewhere. Or it's a bug. It's
worked fine in
the past on Windows NT and 95-98 boxes.

Art Campbell
Manager of Communications