RE: SGML worries

This is all Windows (2000 specifically) related.

It didn't work quite that easily for me. I had to reinstall FM 5.5.6 to
tinker with a document from a previous release of software that I didn't
want upgraded to 6.0. Of course, that meant Windows now wanted to open all
.fm files with 5.5.6, which doesn't work very well for files created in FM6.

So I uninstalled FM 5.5.6 when finished. Yup, got the dialog that Windows
didn't know what program to use. Selected FrameMaker (not FM6, just a
generic FrameMaker listing) and applied it. Guess what? Got the same dialog
box every time. So I reloaded FM6. Solved the opening .fm files problem, but
I had to reset several files in FM so that IXGen would work again.

I was rather suprised that in Windows 2000 there weren't separate listings
for FM6 and FM5.5.6 when I wanted to select which program to use to open .fm
file. Rather there was a generic FrameMaker listing you could choose, which
(as we all know from reading this list) is whichever version of Frame you
installed last.

Mike Hiatt
Manager, Tech Pubs
VocalData, Inc.
Dallas, TX (yep, that one)
mhiatt@vocaldata.com

Lee Richardson wrote:
"you need to tell windows to reassociate the .fm file type to the original
copy of FrameMaker you installed."