SGML worries

My buddy and I have installed the SGML demo version onto
his PC (Frame Maker 6 on Windows NT). Two quirky things
have occurred that indicate that (1) SGML, or the demo
version, is not a true add-on to the existing Frame 6
program and (2) it is causing printer problems. I am not
inclined to tell my other fellow writers to install it
until we resolve these issues. Does the demo version
have a date stamp on it and will eventually disappear?

First of all, double clicking a *.fm file now opens the
Frame+SGML program and denies us access to the other
add-ons that we have used (IXGen, FrameScript, etc.).
Secondly, it adds a "polite" diagonal splay across each
printed page indicating that you are using the demo
version of SGML. My associate removed the SGML Frame
program and now when he double clicks a *.fm file, it
tells him that it cannot locate the program associated
with the file. We can open the files with the original
version of Frame with the other add-ons by opening them
from within that program. However, that loses the
convenience of file opening.

Suggestions?