Re: Unavailable Fonts after Upgrading to 6.0

Suzette,

This is virtually impossible to debug from afar but ...

(1) The ability to write "on top of" (i.e., overwrite) an existing file
is controlled by whether the document has its "read only" attribute set.
You should check the file's properties outside of FrameMaker. The other
possibility is if your documents are located on a NetWare or Windows NT or 2000
server, the particular directory may be locked against your writing a file
to that particular directory.

(2) Uncheck the preference for remembering missing fonts, save the document,
exit FrameMaker, open the document again with FrameMaker, and voila, the problem
should be gone unless in fact you do have some reference to a missing font.

        - Dov