RE: Order of FM6 headings in PDF

OK, having received a couple of private responses,
let me re-word my problem.

Yes, I know to pick and choose the desired paragraph
types in the PDF Setup screen, before printing or saving
to PDF.

What SHOULD happen is that when you open the PDF and
look at the Bookmarks pane, at the left, you should
see all the chapter and appendix titles, with little
plus-sign boxes beside them. Clicking a plus-sign
should expand the view of the particular chapter title
to show the major section headings. Clicking on the
plus-sign boxes beside any major heading should reveal
the minor headings in that section, and so on.
In other words, I should start out looking at the top
of the tree (nested, collapsed list of Bookmarks), and
be able to click my way to finer and finer branches of
the tree, expanding branches as I go.

What DOES happen is that I find myself staring up the
bottom of the tree, looking at all the tiny, extremity
branches (level-3 headings) and I have to click to get
to larger branch headings, and click to get to the major
limbs and trunk (chapter) headings.

By the way, because two people suggested it (even though
it wasn't what I was failing to do), I RE-DID my selection
of headings to be made into bookmarks. I limited my selection
to just two levels.  When the PDF appeared, it had ALL
headings as bookmarks, including a couple of levels I had
deliberately excluded.   This is happening with a freshly-
created book (using my existing chapter doc files), as it
did with an earlier version of same.

I thought I faintly recalled a similar topic from several
months ago, but (as I mentioned) I can't access archives
(nor any external web stuff) just now.