Problems with cross-book references

Hello All!

I'm new to the list, so I hope this question hasn't already been discussed
ad nauseum.

I'm currently struggling with a cross-book reference issue. Here's a summary
of my steps:
1. I open the book chapters that contain the information I want to
reference.
2. I place a cross-reference into the source chapter.
3. When I generate/update the source book, I have the target books (but not
the chapters) open so FrameMaker uses the book file name as the target PDF
file.
2. I use Save As... to generate the PDF file.
3. When I launch Reader to view the PDF, I receive the following error
message when I try to use the cross-book reference hypertext link: "The
specified file ../DocuCreate WS/TCW15U01/TCW15ED0.pdf does not exist."
While, the relative path is correct, the name of the PDF is actually
TCW15U01.

Thus far, I only use two cross-book references and I receive a similar error
message on the other reference.

I keep the .bk, .IX, .TOC, and all chapter files for a book in its own
directory, I'm dealing with three books in three separate directories, and I
place the PDF in the same place as its book. I'm working on FrameMaker 5.5.6
on Windows 98.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alan Braun
Senior Technical Writer